L'orto di Bruno [Bruno's Vegetable Garden]

What's been happening in Bruno's vegetable garden lately?


If you are new to this blog I suggest you start reading from the Introduction onwards.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Planted Tomato Seedlings for 2008/2009

Today I planted tomato seedlings for the summer season of 2008/2009. I put in 20 tomato seedlings. Here's a rough plan of the tomato plants in bed #2 (refer map).

[South]
[East] [West]
[North]

+-----------------------------------------------+
| {Olive Tree} |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
Row D | D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 |
| |
| |
Row C | C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 |
| |
| |
| |
Row B | B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 |
| |
| |
Row A | A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 |
| |
+-----------------------------------------------+

Legend
VarietyLocation(s)
Big CherryB3, C3, D3
Costoluto di MarmandeC1, C2, D1, D2
Grosse LisseA1, A2, A3, A4, A5, B1, B2, B4, B5
RomaC4, C5, D4, D5


Actually, this year I'm experimenting with sowing the "Big Cherry" plants directly from seed in the soil. The seeds were saved from fruit from a very productive plant from a couple of years ago. If they don't sprout "in situ", I'll probably replace them with seedlings raised separately.

All seedlings were purchased from the nursery section of my local hardware store.

I also sowed two groups of basil seeds at each end of the space between rows B and C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home