L'orto di Bruno [Bruno's Vegetable Garden]

What's been happening in Bruno's vegetable garden lately?


If you are new to this blog I suggest you start reading from the Introduction onwards.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Tomato Seedlings, Part 3

My local garden supply and hardware store had some tomato seedlings on sale, so I thought I'd add a few more to my garden. I got a mixture of varieties again:
* 2x Super Roma
* 3x Grosse Lisse
* 1x Cherry Ripe

Today I planted all but the Cherry Ripe in bed #2 (refer map). I filled in some gaps where my uncle's seedlings had not taken.

So now I have 27 seedlings in bed #2 (from north):
* row 1 has 6 seedlings from my uncle
* row 2 has 3 Grosse Lisse plus 3 from my uncle
* row 3 has 6 from my uncle
* row 4 has 4 Acid Free seedlings
* row 5 has 1 Beef Steak, 1 Tickled Pink, 2 Super Roma and 1 Pot Roma

I'm holding the Cherry Ripe over to either fill in a gap in bed #2, or possibly try growing it in a transportable pot.