L'orto di Bruno [Bruno's Vegetable Garden]

What's been happening in Bruno's vegetable garden lately?


If you are new to this blog I suggest you start reading from the Introduction onwards.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Tomato Plants Uprooted!

In the past week I finished the slightly sad task of uprooting the remaining tomato plants in the garden. One solitary "Costoluto di Marmande" plant is left growing in a pot. Soon I will have to start buying tomatoes from the grocery store again.

The capsicum plants still look healthy. I picked a couple last week.

In other garden news, the mandarines are starting to ripen. Some lemons are also coming along. Birds have almost wiped out my persimmons. And the lack of rain has meant very few feijoas this year.

To view the latest photos, click on the links below:
The space formerly occupied by the tomato plants (week 33)
The aubergines and capsicums (week 27 after transplanting)