L'orto di Bruno [Bruno's Vegetable Garden]

What's been happening in Bruno's vegetable garden lately?


If you are new to this blog I suggest you start reading from the Introduction onwards.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Equal. Hottest. April Day. Ever.

More unseasonably warm weather again this week. Believe it or not, yesterday's temperature matched last Saturday's, which was the highest April maximum on record: 36.9 degrees Celcius. Maybe those people talking about global warming might be onto something ;)

Another paltry tomato harvest this week: just one edible tomato from the original plants. Soon I'm going to have to decide when to pull out those seven month old tomato plants. Meanwhile I did get four tomatoes from the "Costoluto di Marmande" plants. As I mentioned previously, the new tomato plants probably won't last much beyond their first (admittedly bountiful) harvest.

I didn't pick any capsicums or aubergines this week, but I should have some in the next week or so.

In general, it's probably going to get rather quiet in the garden. I haven't had space (or time) to grow anything for winter, so I'll have to make do with the product of the various fruit trees in the garden: mandarines, persimmons, feijoas and lemons.

To view the latest photos, click on the links below:
The tomatoes (week 29)
The aubergines and capsicums (week 23 after transplanting)
The "Costoluto di Marmande" tomatoes (week 13 after transplanting)