L'orto di Bruno [Bruno's Vegetable Garden]

What's been happening in Bruno's vegetable garden lately?


If you are new to this blog I suggest you start reading from the Introduction onwards.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Return of the Shadecloths

The shadecloths made another appearance this week due to yet another mini heatwave. The heat is causing the tomatoes to mature more quickly than I'd like, whereas my lemon tree has not produced any lemons for weeks.

The two capsicum plants with fruit are making excellent progress, and it won't be long until I'll be able to harvest them. A third plant has also started to fruit.

There is still only one aubergine plant with fruit, but it is making good progress. A second plant has started to flower.

The four "Costoluto di Marmande" tomato plants that I transplanted a few weeks ago look like they're settling in to their new home. Starting with this week I'll be keeping a photo log of those plants too.

On Saturday morning I gave the plants their fortnightly feed of seaweed solution.

To view the latest photos, click on the links below:
The tomatoes (week 19)
The aubergines and capsicums (week 13 after transplanting)
An aubergine plant with fruit
A capsicum plant with fruit
The basil seedlings (week 12 after transplanting)
The "Costoluto di Marmande" tomatoes (week 3 after transplanting)