L'orto di Bruno [Bruno's Vegetable Garden]

What's been happening in Bruno's vegetable garden lately?


If you are new to this blog I suggest you start reading from the Introduction onwards.

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Second Week of December

Another week of strange weather. Overcast and very humid early in the week, with a severe thunderstorm and much-needed rain on Thursday evening. The mulch applied last week has helped maintain moisture levels in the soil.

All the plants continue to make good progress. My uncle visited this morning and was pleased with the progress of the beans. Apparently they're almost ready to harvest.

I transplanted seedlings of a different variety of tomatoes to a pot. I want to see how they grow in the pot for a while. I also transplanted a second batch of basil seedlings to another pot.

Friday night I gave all the plants their now-regular fortnightly feed of seaweed solution.

To view the latest photos, click on the links below:
The tomatoes (week 12)
The beans (week 10)
The aubergines and capsicums (week 6 after transplanting)
The basil seedlings (week 5 after transplanting)