L'orto di Bruno [Bruno's Vegetable Garden]

What's been happening in Bruno's vegetable garden lately?


If you are new to this blog I suggest you start reading from the Introduction onwards.

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Stakes and Trellises

After a couple of weeks of watering and general care, the tomato seedlings began growing quite nicely. The beans also started shooting. It was interesting to watch them break through the soil. Again I wished I'd taken photos, or if I had the resources, some timelapse movies.

A couple of times I soaked the soil with seaweed solution to help stimulate root development.

In early October my uncle helped me stake up the tomatoes to help them grow upright later on. He also set up trellises for the beanstalks to slowly latch onto and wrap themselves around.